How Sealcoating Protects and Extends the Life of Your Pavement:
Sealcoating is a coating that is applied to protect asphalt surfaces.
Otherwise known as pavement sealing, Sealcoating:
- Shields against the drying action of the sun and ultraviolet rays
- Protects against the number one pavement-destroying force: water!
- Resists damage caused by gasoline, oil, jet fuel leaks and spills
- Bonds firmly to the surface to provide an even-textured, durable barrier
- Restores that rich, black look of new pavement
- When used together, Sealcoating and Structural Hot Crack-Filling is your number one defense for extending pavement life
Structural Hot Crack-Filling
Cracks never just “disappear”. But they can be managed with a choice of flexible sealants and professional services. Hot crack-sealing and seal coating is your first step in pavement maintenance. Damage due to environmental factors is going to happen. Traffic wear and tear, winter freeze and thaw cycles and the hot sun can lead to fissures, cracks and potholes in exposed pavement surfaces. This damage allows moisture to seep in causing erosion to the underlying base materials.
In fact, the Federal Highway Administration Manual of Practice (FWHA Report Number FHWS-RD-99-147) states that “crack sealing and filling are imperative preventative maintenance tools.”
Hot crack sealing uses a rubberized material that bonds and fills cracks to prevent moisture from leaching into base materials. The objective of hot crack-sealing and sealcoating is to repair the asphalt damage before your pavement begins to fail. This is an effective long-term, low cost strategy for pavement maintenance. A maintenance program set up with Cactx® will help you protect your investment and save you money in the long run.
Hot Crack-Sealing Prevents Further Damage to Paved Surfaces
- Our hot crack-sealing product melts into the width/depth/size of your pavement cracks, for greater adhesion & movement
- Our superior flexible product is installed into your widest pavement openings
- Now is always the very best time! Cracking tends to be contagious, so the longer the structural openings are left open, the more likely the surrounding pavement will fail due to deteriorating base failure
SUNSHIELD Solar Reflective Coating
- We also offer the LEED certified solar reflective coating, SUNSHIELD, designed for heat reflection of asphalt parking surfaces. All of CACTX®‘s protective pavement coatings are durable, longer-lasting and are also available for residential driveways. Ask About Some of our Other Specialized Services:
- Line & stencil marking for parking lots and roadways
- Thermoplastic markings for highly reflective stripings with long-term performance
- High visibility bike lanes
- Recreational coatings specifically for tennis, basketball, volleyball and other sports surfaces
- Solar reflective coatings for better visibility