Pavement needs maintenance to extend its life and keep it looking its best.
- Sealcoating every few years is a great way to prolong the life of your asphalt and keep it looking its best.
- Monitoring small cracks and crack-sealing to prevent cracks from spreading is a simple solution you can do every few years to ensure your asphalt lasts for years to come.
- Taking the time to identify potential problems and repairing asphalt driveways or parking lots regularly will help you reduce long term costs.
- Sealcoating and restriping makes your property more inviting and attractive to your customers or residents!
The original apartment complex parking lot before crack-filling and sealcoating
After crack-filling and sealcoating. Parking lot has been thoroughly cleaned, cracks have been filled, sealcoating has been applied and parking lines have been remarked.
Extend the life of your pavement and control costs with a sound pavement rehabilitation plan.
Meeting with a CACTX Sales Estimator is the start for developing a pavement plan that fits your needs and your budget.
A sound pavement rehabilitation plan begins with an overall evaluation of your pavement and a multi-year overview approach of the pavement condition. With this knowledge, your estimator will advise and develop a single or multi-year budget that meets your specific needs while maintaining satisfactory condition of your pavement.
There is no "one solution" for repairing every parking lot. Professional estimators look at each lot on its own merits and make recommendations for the particular situation. Working with a full service company like Cactx, that does all aspects of pavement repair maintenance, makes the repairs seamless and helps control costs.
Options that may be considered include:
- Leaving worn and weathered asphalt alone until your budget allows for a new parking lot or driveway.
- Crack-sealing to protect the asphalt from water penetration and the harmful effects of freeze/thaw. This options is based more on functionality than on asphalt cosmetics.
- Crack sealing and Surface Sealcoating to extend the useful life while improving the appearance of your asphalt.
- Fully replacing the asphalt. Finally, if your asphalt pavement has areas where it is rutted, pot-holed or severely broken, or where the pavement has failed and looks like the hide of an alligator - this is when you need to start thinking about new asphalt.
How Sealcoating Protects and Extends the Life of Your Pavement:
Sealcoating is a coating that is applied to protect asphalt surfaces.
Otherwise known as pavement sealing, Sealcoating:
- Shields against the drying action of the sun and ultraviolet rays
- Protects against the number one pavement-destroying force: water!
- Resists damage caused by gasoline, oil, jet fuel leaks and spills
- Bonds firmly to the surface to provide an even-textured, durable barrier
- Restores that rich, black look of new pavement
- When used together, Sealcoating and Structural Hot Crack-Filling is your number one defense for extending pavement life
Structural Hot Crack-Filling
Cracks never just “disappear”. But they can be managed with a choice of flexible sealants and professional services.
Hot crack-sealing and seal coating is your first step in pavement maintenance. Damage due to environmental factors is going to happen. Traffic wear and tear, winter freeze and thaw cycles and the hot sun can lead to fissures, cracks and potholes in exposed pavement surfaces. This damage allows moisture to seep in causing erosion to the underlying base materials. Untreated cracks propagate and multiply, developing potholes. The result is expensive repairs and reconstruction.
In fact, the Federal Highway Administration Manual of Practice (FWHA Report Number FHWS-RD-99-147) states that “crack sealing and filling are imperative preventative maintenance tools.”
Hot crack sealing uses a rubberized material that bonds and fills cracks to prevent moisture from leaching into base materials. The objective of hot crack-sealing and sealcoating is to repair the asphalt damage before your pavement begins to fail. This is an effective long-term, low cost strategy for pavement maintenance. A maintenance program set up with Cactx® will help you protect your investment and save you money in the long run.
Filling crack with rubberized crack sealant.
Hot Crack-Sealing Prevents Further Damage to Paved Surfaces
- Our hot crack-sealing product melts into the width/depth/size of your pavement cracks, for greater adhesion & movement
- Our superior flexible product is installed into your widest pavement openings
- Now is always the very best time! Cracking tends to be contagious, so the longer the structural openings are left open, the more likely the surrounding pavement will fail due to deteriorating base failure
SUNSHIELD Solar Reflective Coating
- Line & stencil marking for parking lots and roadways
- Thermoplastic markings for highly reflective stripings with long-term performance
- High visibility bike lanes
- Recreational coatings specifically for tennis, basketball, volleyball and other sports surfaces
- Solar reflective coatings for better visibility