How Stamped Asphalt is installed
Decorative Stamped Asphalt is installed by reheating & stamping the existing asphalt surface then applying a colored surfacing system. The result is a decorative surface that replicates the appearance of brick, cobblestone or slate at a fraction of the cost.
Common applications for Stamped Asphalt include:
- Crosswalks, Intersections, roundabouts
- Traffic calming, High visibility, Pedestrian safety
- Plazas, walkways, Playgrounds
- Community Branding
Depending on the traffic volume there are several decorative asphalt considerations:
- TrafficPatterns-XD Stamped asphalt with aggregate reinforced thermoplastic
- Specifically made for high traffic commercial applications realistically create a look of brick or stone (crosswalks/intersections) Minimal cure time (approx. 1 hr. After installation)
- TrafficPatterns surface applied preformed thermoplastic
- Used primarily for streetscape and traffic calming, cost effective alternative to brick and stone pavers. The material is surface applied and no stamping is required. Custom design flexibility for community branding.
- DuraTherm Inlaid Preformed Thermoplastic
- DuraTherm is designed for high-visibility, high-traffic areas such as intersections and crosswalks. Non-traditional look, custom design flexibility Minimal cure time (approx. 1 hr after installation)
- StreetBond Modified Epoxy Coatings
- Stamped and coated asphalt with an epoxy surfacing system for low volume crosswalks, medians, roundabouts, walkways and plazas. Realistically recreate the look of brick or stone, wide array of patterns and colors available.
- Custom DecoMark Logos and Horizontal Surface Signage
- Custom thermoplastic surface applications that will not damage or alter existing substrates. Lasts 6-8 times longer than paint with vehicular traffic and longer with just pedestrian traffic.
Refurbishing Methods for Stamped Asphalt
CACTX Surfaces offers several methods to re-fresh Decorative Stamped Asphalt Pavement. We provide options based on on the current surface condition, traffic volume and individual needs. Contact us to have a consultant perform an evaluation.
TrafficPatterns LT Refurbishmentis a preformed thermoplastic pavement marking material that provides a more durable and skid-resistant surface than typical epoxy coatings or paint. It can be applied over newly-stamped asphalt or used as a refurbishment where previous coatings have worn away. This durable alternative eliminates the need to repaint on a continuing basis.
StreetBond 150 RecoatDeveloped for use over imprinted or flat asphalt, STREETBOND 150 bonds permanently to asphalt surfaces to provide both an enduring, aesthetic finish and a low-maintenance surface that protects and extends the life of the pavement.
Create visually striking that make a lasting impression
Learn more about the technologies
Need additional information on our decorative asphalt solutions? Please click on one of the images above to learn more
StreetPrint® Stamped Asphalt is installed by reheating & stamping the asphalt surface then applying a colored surfacing system called StreetBond. The result is a decorative surface that replicates the appearance of brick, cobblestone or slate